cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Check in repository PowerDesign v16.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello , I'm trying to do the check in a data model in the PowerDesigner repository but he's showing me the following error:

" Checking out the document ' ORACLE Version 11g '

- Closing the model 'C: \ Program Files (x86 ) \ Sybase \ PowerDesigner 16 \ Resource Files \ DBMS \ ora11g.xdb ' ...

- Checking out the repository document ' ORACLE Version 11g ' ...

- Saving the document location 'C: \ Program Files (x86 ) \ Sybase \ PowerDesigner 16 \ Resource Files \ DBMS \ ora11g.xdb ' ...

- Closing the checked out model ' ORACLE Version 11g ' ...

The document Has Been successfully checked out .

Can not compare the local and repository models . Use the baseline option to check in this model . "

What can this be?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you check in an updated model to the repository, PD will only update the objects that have changed. When you check the model out, it may retrieve object definitions from several versions of the model in order to build your local model - e.g. Customer entity may be retrieved from version 2, and the Order entity from version 5.

If you check in a baseline version, PD creates a copy of every object in the model, whether or not it differs from the current repository version of the model. That makes it simple and quicker to check in the model. I'm not sure why you're getting the message advising you to check in a baseline version (it might be something to do with the PD version that was used to check in the old version of the model), but it's safe to say that you have to do what it tells you to . In the model check-in dialogue, select the 'Create baseline version' option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply ... To stop this problem back a version of the model and made changes again. It worked well !

Thank you very much