cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDians,

1) If we want to cancel a billing document, or do we need to use the billing document or go for deleting the billing document.

What happens if wee go for deleting a billing document

2)There is a concept called Billing plan type (mentioned in customer master).

I Understood the difference between milestone billing and periodic billing.

I just wanna know whether this billing plan type is an optional field only used when a product selling is in phasewise, i.e like renting or service.

For a normal process dont we need this billing plan type?

pls suggest

monti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>1) If we want to cancel a billing document, or do we need to use the billing document or go for deleting the billing document.

What happens if wee go for deleting a billing document</b>

In SAP, in most cases, you cannot delete the transaction / customizing data. Similarly in Billing Document, once the billing document is created, you can cancel the billing document. If you want to delete it from database, it is not possible.

<b>2)There is a concept called Billing plan type (mentioned in customer master).

I Understood the difference between milestone billing and periodic billing.

I just wanna know whether this billing plan type is an optional field only used when a product selling is in phasewise, i.e like renting or service.

For a normal process dont we need this billing plan type?</b>

Billing Plan is optional & is required onl;y in case of Milestone / Periodic Billing. You need not maintain it in customer master, but can have the control at Item Category level / Sales Document Type level. In real Life scenario, The same customer may be required to Bill in both Periodic Billing & Milestone Billing. Considering an Eg of engineering company, a machine is supplied earlier & is under AMC. This may be handled through Periodic Billing. The same customer has a requirement of another machine, but the payment for same may depend on the phases of installation of machinary. This may be handled through Milestone billing.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward Points if Helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we can only cancel a billing document but not delete it. Also when you cancel a billing document, you are actually creating a cancellation document. The cancellation document copies data from the billing document and transfers an offsetting entry to the accounting department.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

helo sd gurus,

1) we can't delete billing document, instead of deletion we can only cancel the billing document.

2) billing plan type is applicable to only some specific sectors like fmcg, consumer products etc.,

hope it will help u

Former Member
0 Kudos

we dont delete billing document bcoz of some account problems..

2) in real time we dont use an billing plans.. i

Hope it will help you

Ramki