cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTA test configuration script is not picking TDC (test data container)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

-created CBTA test configuration script (test csript and TDC)

-when we execute the above test configuration its picking the data from TDC.

Now

-we have created test package and added the above test configuration script to test package .

-when we run test package from the tester work list its picking the default values not from TDC.

can any one help how to use TDC from test packages

Regards,

Naveen Gunda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Please let me know if it is resolved.

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Solman_Workcenter->Test repositories

Go to the test script.

Third tab will be of Parameters, Maintain it there.

Fourth tab will be test data:- Maintain your TDC there.

It is more of test composition environment and it will work well.

Another way

When you are creating the test case in solar02 or solution, then it will prompt you the test configuration you had created, test script you want to use and system container you want to use. There also you can maintain that.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Rishav

Thanks for your reply, the test configuration Is working fine when we run initially which means picking TDC. but the same test configuration is placed in the test package and executed from tester worklist then its not picking the test data container(TDC) picking the default values used in the test configuration

Regards,

Naveen Gunda

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Yes it will pick default value, You need to define the variant in solar02 where you are maintaining the test scripts, Default it will take ECATT_DEFAULT only.

So, create the variant and define it while you are adding your script in solar02.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishav,

I'm facing the same issue. Can you please elaborate on how to set the variant in SOLAR02 tcode?

Find below the scenario where I'm stuck.

I have a Test configuration created in 'Test Repository'. I linked this to the business scenario through SOLAR02 transaction. Now, the variant field is empty(I've not selected a variant from the TDC).

I have 6 variants and 1 eCATT-default in TDC. How do I make sure I can dynamically select the variant during test execution from Tester Worklist?

When I'm performing execution from 'Test Repository', I have the option to choose the variant. But the variants tab is not appearing when run from 'Tester worklist'.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Mathesh R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mathesh,

external variant can be created in the transaction tab  if the external variant is not present we have configure in SPRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Thanks for the swift reply.

Can you share some more info on what should be configured in SPRO?

Thanks,

Mathesh R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Can you add some more information on this?

Thanks,

Mathesh R