cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i will match alert msg with error msg time stamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please can any one explain how alert will take time stamp, because in my system alert generation time and time stamp is not matching.

mail received @ Tue 5/31/2016 12:42 PM

but in xml message i received time stamp as: "Timestamp": "2016-05-31T07:12:05Z",

How i wil receive time stamp in IST format.

Please suggest what needs to be done in my side.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raji,

Timestamp in the alert always corresponds to UTC time, it is not converted to system or user specific time zone. Moreover, the timestamp in the generated alert contains timestamp of the alert creation (which is, error occurrence for which alert is created).

Mail received time indicates when the mail was received by a mail client, most likely with applied time zone conversion for you. Please also note that PI standard functionality used for mail based alert notification for erroneous messages, is based on execution of periodic job (AlertConsumerJob or AlertConsumerJobV2, if you use its enhanced version) that processes available alerts - which means, there is normally a delay between alert generation and alert consumption, at most being equal to frequency of job execution. On top of that, extra delay can be observed due to mail processing by mail server and its delivery to mail client (e.g. to you).

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Yes, we don't have any option to change the alert time stamp. and we raised to sap and sap is suggested to upgrade your SP to new one.

currently we are using PO 7.40 SP5 patch 0, this is will not support for the timesatmp changing.

so we planned to upgrade to PO 7.40 SP12 Patch 24

SAP note given to change the time stamp:

2304228 - Alerting: email consumer job to support custom time zone

Please suggest me is there any effects will occur, if we upgrade to new patch. if yes what are they?

kindly provide your inputs.

Regards,

raj

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Support Packages are claimed to be backward compatible, so they shall not introduce something that impacts existing functionality of the system in a negative way intentionally - still, there is a room for potential issues even during minor patching, so it is good practice to have proper system and regressing testing after SP update. Considering you plan to upgrade from SP05 to SP12 (7 Support packages in between, quite meaningful update), regression testing definitely makes sense.

Regards,

Vadim