cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant & stor loc not determined after creating HU without immediate packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During inbound delivery creation / update (VL31N/VL32N) the goods to be received are packed.

For the majority of our goods this is done via automatic packing, but there are also goods for which the quantity per box / pallet can differ, so we pack these manually.

Now whenever we create a HU manually and do not pack it before saving or returning to the inbound delivery screen

the plant and storage location are empty.

Even if we pack at a later stage, the plant and storage location are not (re)determined.

Now if we restart the exercise and pack the manually created HU immediately and we save or return to the inbound delivery screen

the plant and storage location are correctly determined

How could we make sure the plant and storage location are (re)determined in the above situation?

Found a lot of threads that discuss the storage location determination, but none matching to our case.

On OSS I found note 809015, but this is about another scenario and has been already implemented.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Geert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Geert,

Automatic Sloc determination  depends on item category, LE --> Shiiping --> Deliveries --> Define item category for Deliveries --> Tick for sloc determination.

Prerequisites for determining the storage location automatically

Putaway storage-location determined automatically by the system depends on the delivery type and item category of the delivery item:

• Each delivery type has its own rules regarding the automatic determination of a storage location.
  • The system only determines a storage location for a delivery item if this is defined for the item category assigned to this item.

Controls for delivery types and item categories can be set in Customizing.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabakaran,

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately I know about how storage location determination is setup in the system.

Maybe it is not clear from the screenshots, but the delivery type (EL), materials (item category group) and as a consequence the item category are all the same in the 2 scenarios.

Only difference is that in scenario 1 I click "back" or "save" before packing the manually created HU and in scenario 2 the manual HU is immediately packed.

My expectation is that somewhere in the code the storage location and plant is not determined the first time because packing is not done and not redetermined the second time, because probably the system considers that this was already done the previous time.

So my question is basically where we could intervene to have the storage location and plant (re)determined in scenario 1.

Would you have any insight in that?

Thanks again

Best regards

Geert