cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to aquire data from HANA with a parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're trying to develop a weekly report with Lumira. We aquire data from HANA views. Now we are not able to specify which week we'd like to view from Lumira cause we can not pass parameter to HANA while aquiring data. Does anyone know whether Lumira supports passing parameters to HANA while aquiring data from view?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The parameter should be created in the HANA view and then used in Lumira report. While executing the report the week can be selected and executed.

Regards,

Anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we only specify the parameter when create the new dataset? I've tried that I even can not change the parameter in Prepare phase.

0 Kudos

After Acquiring the data in visualize room we have an option refresh with prompts, If click on that it'll prompt for parameters, can be changed .

Thanks

Pramial

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. Thanks a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

Lumira supports Parameters created in HANA (database).

You can create parameter for week column in HANA, And while acquiring the data in Lumira you can  select the week.

Thanks

Pramila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean specify the week when creating the data set? Or could you provide more detail? Is there any guideline for this?

What we're trying to do here is that we defined a template for weekly report in Lumira. And we want to retrieve a specific week's data from HANA and display it in the report template. But know we don't know how Lumira can tell HANA which week's data to retrieve. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi

The Parameter has to be created in HANA,

While acquiring the data Lumira will prompt for the parameter, So you can select the value and proceed.

Thanks

Pramila