Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web AD 7.0 developer authoization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a security question and need your help:

We upgraded to WAD7.0, but keep getting no authorization errors when using new functionality, i.e. save reusable item, publish to Portal... Our security team does not want to give me sap_new because it's too powerfull. Can anyone tell me the best way to setup the security profile for a WAD developer to have all authorizations for using all new funcitonalities in WAD7.0.

Thank you so much in advance,

Jin Freda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do in this way, findout specific transaction and their respective objects and assign this to one role and them assign to your user ID. This might be best one

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do in this way, findout specific transaction and their respective objects and assign this to one role and them assign to your user ID. This might be best one

0 Kudos

Thanks Happyman for your help. My question is :

Is there a documentation to tell all respective objects for WebAD7.0 developer to use all its functionalities, so we can assign them to role/user ID Once? Otherwise, error -> trace ->find respective objects -> assign to role -> assign to ID, this is just too time-consuming, I am looking for a easier way. I wish SAP has some kind of generic roles developed for WebAD7.0 developer already.

Thanks again, Jin Freda