cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP cvc based on sales history as APO Approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts.

I am new on SAP IBP.  I would like to know if the IBP 6.x (IBP for SOP and IBP for demand) has some usefull functionality to create CVC automatically based on sales history similar as we have on SAP APO Demand Planning, because when i did the SAP course SOP200 for IBP 4, we had to upload CVC in a flatfile to manipulate the data in the planning view, but upload CVC data in a excel flatfile sounded very poor in terms of usuability in that version.

Thanks!

Fábio Matias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_louey
Explorer
0 Kudos

The Planning operator COPY will do this for you. Use the parameter CREATE_TIMEPERIODS = X;

Parameter OFFSET = - (nr of periods in the past you want the Source KFs to reference); DURATION = nr of periods the time periods should be created starting from the off-set.

The Source KFs should comprise all the historical data points imported into your model. You only need to use one KF as the target one (use this multiple times) for the planning level you are creating the planning objects for.

You can schedule this as a regular periodic job.

The configuration help notes for the Planning Operators explains it reasonably well.

Michael.