cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for customizing standard sap work manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some business requirement which needs to be catered through SYCLO solution. Before going further I want to know the best practice recommended by SAP .

As per our knowledge we have two approaches which is as follows:

1. We can customize the standard work manager 6.2 in the SYCLO configuration panel or
  2. We copy the standard work manger application to “Z” application and then enhance the same application in the SYCLO Configuration panel.

I would appreciate if any one can suggest the best approach.

Regards

Mohit Vashist

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Some general suggestions -

Work Manager Configuration - Copy the Standard Work Manager Application configuration into a Z version (as you highlighted in point 2.)

There is a good step by step blog covering these steps -

ABAP - For enhancing the business logic of Work Manager, leverage the BAdIs provided with the Mobile Add-on. You can view these in TCode SE18 where they BAdI name start with

• /SMERP/*
  • /SYCLO/*

Java - If you're planning to enhance the Java layer you'll need to request if from SAP, typically via your SAP Account Executive. Also when enhancing the Java layer, extend the Standard classes by creating "Z" versions as opposed to directly modifying them.

Agentry - Use Agentry Tagging in the Eclipse Editor to flag any enhancements you've done to the standard Work Manager application. All enhancements should also use a consistent naming convention, e.g. adding a  "Z" prefix to enhanced/custom objects i.e. Zxxxxxxxx

Stephen

Answers (0)