Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-mapping schema?

scott_xu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some existing HANA calculation views which use tables in one schema. Now we need those views to point to tables in another schema with same table name.  I know it can be done by opening the view and them replacing data source for each table. I am just wondering if there is an easy way to re-mapping it?

Thanks.

Scott

0 Kudos

Is there a SAP provided way to handle the above scenario now? Not looking for a way to refer to a different schema after transport to a new system, but to refer to a different schema which has the same tables in the same system.

Regards,

Sunny

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Please submit a new question - you may refer this link to your question.

Cheers,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

do you work already with an authoring schema? If yes, then it would be easy to change the schema mapping to a different physical schema + regeneration of views. Details can be found in the online help: Map Authoring Schema to the Physical Schema - SAP HANA Modeling Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

Florian

scott_xu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Florian,

I tried it with schema Mapping. But I got an error message ' Authoring schema already exists as a physical schema'.

I found a work around solution. I exported all views; then open the views and replace schema name with new name; then import the views back. Everything looks fine now.

Thanks again.

Scott