cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning of new material to QM Inspection for a Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm using the QM Inspection for a Goods Receipt already for couple of materials with a Z-Inspection Type and everything works just fine.

Now I have a new material in the system and I've already assigned this material to my inspection type by using of QA08 as well as I've assigned to this material an inspection plan...but when I'm booking Goods Receipt inspection lot will not be created...

Could anybody give me an advice what I could check additionally?

PS. By the way, when I assign the inspection type 01 to my material the inspection lot will be created. So the problem should be about my Z-inspection type. What can I check?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR

Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Please check if the Z-inspection type added to your new material has "Active" indicator added or not. Else, if this Z-inspection type is already creating inspection lots for other materials, then for this material also inspection lot should have been created.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

thank you for such a fast feedback.  Yes, the Z-Inspection type is active and there are already lots for other materials in the system..

Thats why this case so wondering me.

BR

Denis

0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Also could you please check if the PO was created before the QM data activation. If not then try to create new PO and do goods receipt.

Thanks,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amon,

thanks for the tipp, but still the same.

BR

Denis

0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Could you please check if Z inspection type is the only inspection type active in QM view.

Delete all other inspection type(do not just remove the check box"inspection active")

check the movement type configuration again for QM activation and ensure the movement type while goods receipt.

Also please check if the default stock type in MIGO for the PO is "Quality Inspection"

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

hmmmm I've just checked the stock type in MIGO for the PO and is it not "Quality Inspection"...

What could be the reason for that?

My settings are following:

Thanks in advance.

BR

Denis

0 Kudos

Hi ,

One last try

just activate check box "preferred inspection" for Z01 or delete 01 inspection from the QM view.

Create new Po and do goods receipt.

Thanks,

Amol

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI - In case if the inspection lot origin 01 has two inspection types 01 and Z01 linked, but material master has inspection type "01 - NOT ACTIVE", whereas, "Z01 - ACTIVE", then that's sufficient for the process to work. The need for 'Preferred inspection type' comes up, only when more than one inspection types with same inspection lot origin is active in material master QM view. Then the system needs to differentiate which inspection type should be taken as a default choice.

Hi Denis,

In case if you have activated QM setup, after creating the PurOrd, then you can run a new scenario with your material 1010, Plant 1000, and let us know if still the same issue is there.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member7790
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Thanks a lot for  sharing the screen shot.

You have not activated  "Preferred inspection type " indicator for the inspection type "Z01".

Z inspection type will work only when Preferred  indicator is activated.

Please activate the  'PreferredIns Typ"

Regards,

Vivek Malik

former_member213163
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Apart from what mentioned here, additional you can check in your inspection plan, whether the task list usage is 'Goods Receipt', this can be one of the reason.

With Regards,

Prathamesh