cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about Sales Stock in transit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I've a small query regarding sales stock in transit scenario .

By month end , i'm sending the stock out to the customer for shipment - but the shipment still not actually shipped and also no at our premises .

So i want to book it under stock in transit till i get the bill of lading , which will come next month - how can I do that ?

Regards

Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are talking about the scenario is export sales where obviously, there will be couple of days delay happen in getting the Bill of Lading.  But in SAP, once you do the goods issue, stock will be out of system.  Here what exactly is your requirement?

• Is it like it is required only for tracking the stocks not invoiced or
  • the inventory value itself should not get reduced

If your requirement is first one, then, it can be fetched from VF04 where you can track the delivery references and its quantity.  On the other hand, if the requirement is second one, you have to handle it in a different way.

Set the delivery output in such a way that once it is saved, it should be populated in delivery so that the shipment details can be printed out.  Next, have copy control for your delivery type with F8 proforma.  By doing so, once the delivery is saved, you can generate a proforma against that delivery for submission to Customs authorities and to get Bill of Lading.  Once the exporter receives the Bill of Lading, the related deliveries can be posted for goods issue subsequent to which, commercial invoice can be generated.

G. Lakshmipathi