cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select multiple values from table While using Input Parameters derived from table..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When i tried to create calculated column using Input Parameters with 'Parameter Type:Derived from Table', input parameter  returns the single value instead of multiple values. where as i can see multiple entries in back end table for the same selection.can  you Please help me in resolving this issue.

Here is the snap shots

1. Created the input parameter derived form table. (Here multiple entries box is grayed out)

2. I have include the input parameter in calc. column to display the result

3. If you see the data displayed in Graphical cal. view, it is resulting single value olnly. where as in back end table i have 11 entries for the same selection/Filter. Please find the below snapshot,

Data in HANA View, ( Here only   1 value fetched)

Data in Back end table  ( 11 Entries Fetched)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RashmiAcharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

It is not possible to configure multiple entries option for derived from table input parameter type. Please check below documentation (Page121)

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Modeling_Guide_for_SAP_HANA_Studio_en.pdf

Thats why in your scenarion input parameter is taking only one (first) value from the list of multiple values.

You can achieve this may be by creating a simple view using the same table(ZVAR_RANGE) with all filters and then creating an input paramter of type column in your view using external view as formar view on column 'LOW' with multiple entries configuration enabled.

Such input parameters should be used with expressions which takes multiple values, for ex. in() function or filter with List of Values operator, but not directly in calculated column.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rashmi

Answers (0)