Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon Help - using alternative attribute is not possible

michaelfranke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

we are using the password reset with an alternative attribute. Additionally we want to use SAP Logon Help. There is the issue that this functionality only works with MSKEYVALUE. This is confirmed by SAP.

Our problem is that we have to change the whole scenario if we have to use password reset with MSKEYVALUE.

Therefore SAP proposed that we should make a feature request through SAP Idea Management process.

1) What do you think - is there a possibility that this functionality will be realized?

2) Is there a possibility to solve this issue on our side?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Michael

BTW: SAP IdM 7.2 SP9

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

did you consider writing an own logon help page (e.g. JSP) communicating with IdM via REST API?

Regards

Norman

michaelfranke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

no, because we have no knowledge how to put an application into the windows logon process. Therefore it is not possible for us.

BR

Michael

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

that's my misunderstanding, it is the password hook functionality you are looking at, not the password reset form on the J2EE.

Regards

michaelfranke
Participant
0 Kudos

Here you can find the feature request: https://ideas.sap.com/D34363

Maybe somebody from the community would like to see such configuration possibility

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a tough one. MSKEYVALUE is at the root of so much in IDM, I never recommend changing off of it.

Yes, by all means, do put it in the system.  Nothing will happen without that step happening

Only workaround I can really think of is to either set the MSKEYVALUE to the value of your alternate attribute, or require your users to enter MSKEYVALUE during password reset.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Matt

michaelfranke
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer!

That's true ... MSKEYVALUE is very important.

But I do not understand why the normal self service works with alternative attribute and the SAP Logon Help does not support this. Both services are using same pwreset task.

I will create an feature request ... maybe they will adapt the logic of Logon Help.

Michael