Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autorefresh ALV contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 3 components

In POWL_UI_COMP i have a few Link to URLS.In one of its view I have an event handler method 'On_Query_switch' assigned to the event "QUERY_SWITCH" which is triggered when a user clicks on any of the above linktoUrls

I have two other Components POWL_TABLE_COMP and POWL_DETAIL_COMP_IF.

POWL_DETAIL_COMP_IF has an event DO_REFRESH in its interface controller.

POWL_TABLE_COMP has an event handler ON_DETAILS_REFRESH assigned to the event 'DO_REFRESH'

I want to autorefresh the ALV contents when user clicks on the linktourls

I tried - firing the 'DO_Refresh' event in the method 'On_Query_Switch' by defining component usage of POWL_DETAIL_COMP_IF in POWL_UI_COMP

But after adding usage i do not get any method like Fire_DO_refresh_Evt as we normally do using the code wizard.

I also tried setting e_do_refresh in the handle_action method of IF_POWL_FEEDER but i dont have the requied parameters for this method.

Or can use a certain parameter in POWL_UI_COMP which i can set in the method On_Query_Switch and access it in POWL_TABLE_COMP.

Or is there any other way i can achieve this ?

Please Help!

~Veena.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thnx for the reply!

I 'll try doing it as per your suggestion and get back.

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veena,

One way to refresh the POWL is to embed the POWL in to another webdynpro component. In the WebDynpro component declare the POWL_UI_COMP as used compoent, create a view and create ViewcontainerUIelement. In WINDOWS attach the POWL_UI_COMP components view in the view container. In the init method of the view trigger outbound plug with all the parameters to POWL_UI_COMP.

In the view capture the event QUERY_SWITCH or implement a method to the event. In the call the outbound plug again (outbound plug with all the parameters to POWL_UI_COMP) with refreshq = 'X' so it will refresh the POWL.

Best regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Could u pls explain me what to do in the Event handler method in which the QUERY_SWITCH event is implemented to Refresh the POWL Query from my Webdynpro Component.

Kindly give some inputs.

Thanks,

Nalla B