cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Search in Segmentation Geolocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I am struggeling with the address search in segmentation for geolocation option (including clustering).

I read that there a special rfc connection is necessary - but I can't find any precise documentation (step by step) for this.

At the moment I only get "address search failed - bad request".

Has anybody a hint for this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

in the current version of the Hybris Marketing Installation Guide in chapter 11.2 the part "Geocoding Services" is providing a link to a step by step description for the required setup for geocoding.

You can find the guide at http://help.sap.com/mkt -> Installation Guide -> 11.2 Geospatial Segmentation (Optional); the same information is also contained in the upgrade guide (chapter 8.1.4).

We try to keep the link provided there up to date - currently it is directing you to:

Allowing External Geo-Coding Service Calls - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Hope that helps. If not, could you try to get the technical details of the error, which are hopefully visible in the browser console (press F12 - than choose "Console")?

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

thanks - meanwhile I got things up and running, in my case it was simply missing global proxy configuration.

But another question - which job or process is responsible to maintain geo coordinates.

Is there a backend job available for this?

Thanks.

Timo

0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

unfortunately I do not know the latest news and details for that. My last information (~half a year ago) was that, there is no mass-converter available for free, which would allow to get some thousands of contacts enhanced with their geolocation based on their address. Maybe things changed in the mean time. Back then the only option was to set something up on your own in HANA (search for "hana spatial geocoding index"), or to get the conversion done externally and upload the geolocations.

I will ask whether one of the colleagues from Data Management has some udates to that.

Best regards,

Sebastian

[Update: ] they do not have an update 🙂

Message was edited by: Sebastian Schipplick

Answers (0)