Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Area activation error - Invalid data type

goyaldinesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am getting error in planning area activation. I had planning area copy of SAP2 before patch upgrade. Now I had to make some changes in planning area, so trying to activate now with minor changes.

- Exception raised from  InternalError: dberror(CallableStatement.execute): 264 - invalid datatype:  [264] "SAP_SFND"."sap.sop.sopfnd.catalogue::SOPDM_ACTIVATEPLAREA": line 239 col 4 (at pos 15189): [264] (range 3) invalid datatype exception: invalid datatype:  [264] "SAP_SFND"."sap.sop.sopfnd.catalogue::SOPDM_ACTIVATEPLSET": line 145 col 5 (at pos 1359): [264] (range 3) invalid datatype exception: invalid datatype:  [264] "SAP_SFND"."sap.sop.sopfnd.catalogue::SOPDM_ACTIV_PLANOBJ": line 161 col 2 (at pos 10088): [264] (range 3) invalid datatype exception: invalid datatype:  [264] "SAP_SFND"."sap.sop.sopfnd.catalogue::SOPDM_ALTER_TABLES": line 174 col 3 (at pos 6570): [264] (range 3) invalid datatype exception: invalid datatype: cannot allow NVARCHAR type column: S2LOCVALID: line 1 col 48 (at pos 47)

From error log, I see it is due to S2LOCVALID. Error says invalid data type. we have recently copied planning area from SAP2 which is also having same configuration where we are not getting this error on activation.

Is it due to the value(1) in Location valid field. is 1 not allowed.

Location IDLocationLocation RegionLocation TypeLocation Valid
101WH101WESTDC1
102WH102SOUTHDC1

Now planning area is inactive, cannot change any value for location master data type values.

Please suggest what can be done to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Dinesh Goyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Can you please try to activate Location MDT separately?

If activation is successful, you can then try to activate PA separately.

If its unsuccessful, then base case of the issue might be identified better.

Else, you can also try to activate PA with "include MDT" option checked, this will help in further elaboration of the cause of the issue.

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Sourojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Check following:

-What the current definition you for attribute S2LOCVALID?

-Has it been used in multiple planning areas? If yes, then check the latest activation logs of those planning area/s and look for S2LOCVALID in that.

Please share the details of your findings.

Best regards

Rinju Mukherjee