cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ITS generated webpage in a Fiori(like) app. is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a well established/stabilized ITS web pages working in production.

Is it really possible to show these ITS pages in Fiori apps or at least in a Fiori like app?

I am thinking it will be easy for us to shift to Fiori easily for existing applications and start with

then new app with Fiori. If this approach is possible then it will be the most economical for us.

So, here is what I am trying to achieve, We do not want to replicate same set ITS pages once again into Fiori views/code. We just want the ITS generated webpage ( you know there will be lots of java-scripting and/or AJAX script ) showed up in Fiori app.

Any thoughts/suggestions/reference to existing app will be of great help.

Thanks,

Amara.

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am keeping this thread as open just in case if some one tried and want to post the approach.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivasa,

As Karan said, you can have Fiori tiles, which will open various ITS transactions.

If you want to show ITS within Fiori (Fiori frame), then you need to build a reusable UI5 app which can render ITS transactions within an iframe. Since ITS transactions are already mobile enabled, I do not see any issue with this. Did you already tried any of these?

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

i have not tried it yet. I am new to UI5 technology.

i Know theres lot of JavaScript involved in ITS webpage either by standard or thorough Custom.

So wondering how that will work inconjention with this new UI5 technology.

Are there any examples out there or any step by step guid for this approach?

thanks

Amara.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ITS js would not interfere with UI5 (or other way round), so you need not worry about it. There are no guides, but you can always refer guides on how to open web dynpro applications from Fiori and I do not see this any different.

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

ITS Pages can be exposed as a tile which will use the LPD_CUST Configuration. In LPD_CUST Configuration, you can specify the URL of the ITS Service like /sap/bc/... and so on.

Although It might not work on the smartphones/tablets.

Regards,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karan,

So is it safe to assume there is no possibility to run/pull ITS application into a Fiori app?

If thats the case then it might be a good idea for SAP to come up with bridge/connector/converter sort of to interact with ITS application on mobile devices...

Thanks,

Amara.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amara,

SAP Screen Personas is used by many as this bridge.

See the following Blog Post: Everything is Fiori. What about SAP Screen Personas?

Regards,

Oisin

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amara,

Karan is correct here regarding support of tablets and smartphones.

Further reading here for LPD_CUST in relation to ITS

2318483 Support of native SAP GUI transactions in Business Client 6.0 with Fiori Launch

2313296 Fix for ABAP Launchpad to ITS URL migration

Regards,

Oisin