cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting planning process from a specified period (contd)

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Continuing from thread:

I have configured a MDT attribute: "Active Date" having data type as timestamp and "MDTATTR" having data type as Decimal to Product MDT.

This was then added to the Planning Area and observation was as follows:

Can someone please tell how can the situation given in Fig 3 of the above diagram be achieved?

Regards,

Sourojit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourojit,

Looking at your screenshot, i think you have configured 'Time reference attribute' and assigned it to MDTATTR. This is allowing you to see value of MDTATTR only where Active date is present. Perhaps this was the query you had posted in thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3908503

To achieve the requirement mentioned in fig 3, you just need to mention period from(= 0) and period to(= 6) for attribute as key figure MDTATTR  in the planning area. There is no need to assign time reference attribute in this case.

Thanks,

Rohit

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The requirement is, If we are mentioning a date (which can be any date) in the Timestamp attribute, that means, the planning for that Item should start from the date mentioned. That is, if the date is mentioned as: 2nd June, 2016 for a product PRD1, the planning for PRD1 should be permitted from 2nd June onwards.

Assigned value to MDTATTR is only visible at the specified date but this is not allowing us to initiate the planning from that date.

Could you please suggest how this situation can be tackled?

Regards,

Sourojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourojit,

I hope 2nd June lies in certain timeseries bucket(daily,weekly or monthly). It means that you want the attribute value to be populated from this time bucket onward. For this, you have to determine which time bucket it is(if its is current then put period from =0 else any other value).

In this case, i think time stamp attribute is not required at all.

Thanks,

Rohit

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit,

Actually, not all the products in my scenario is having a single active date.

If I provide, from =n, the planning for all the products will begin from same nth time bucket, which is not the case.

Could you please suggest some way to make this dynamic, so that planing for all the products begins from the "active date" specified in the attribute?

For example a product the active start date as 2nd june and another product is having it as 31st June. The attr: MDTATTR should be able to display the values from the time bucket specified in the reference attribute onward for both the product.

Regards,

Sourojit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can define a calculation for this. instead of time stamp attribute, you can use an integer type attribute(say, planning period) and assign it to product master data and upload the values of planning period as per PERIODID of respective dates(for eg- 1st june = 1000, 1st july = 1001 and so on), taking reference from time profile.

Then create a calculation, something like - MDTATTR@PERPROD = If(PERIODID>= Planning period, MDTATTR@PERPROD, NULL)

Thanks,

Rohit

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I understand your point, but user is supposed to mention the "Active Start Date" for a product and as such the time stamp attribute has to be maintained. Can you please suggest some other way?

I have observed that there exists a standard attribute "Release Date" in Product MDT. Can you please tell if data is maintained in this attribute, does it plays some special role? or is it same as any time stamp attributes maintained in the system?

Regards,

Sourojit

Answers (0)