cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI-4DS: IBP S&OP to APO flow and Period error.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a scenario where we want to load data from IBP to APO via Webservice (on APO side).

1. Query

Extracted the required fields from calculation scenario context using a simple query and filter by date >= 2016.04

2. XML_MAP

In this step we choosed "Generate Schema" -> "Generate schema from web service function", then we mapped columns from the input generated schema as required and final step - proposed the rule in Rule tab.

Testing in Design View:

All fine!

3. Target_Web_Service_Call

Only root node mapped.

Flow successfully validated. Then we run task in Projects Tab and see following error:

I would like to note that if you do not use TSTFR and TSTTO (in first Query step), the data is successfully transferred to the APO, but we need to fill column CALMONTH and that is why we use them.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Assuming that you don't need PERIODID (integer) in the Output, I can recommend you the following workaround:

1. Remove PERIODID from Output table

2. Enhance YEAR and MONTH mapping with the following: || substr(XXX.PERIODID,0,0)

Regards

Alecsandra

0 Kudos

Thanks Alecsandra, it works!

• I deleted PERIODID column from Output
  • Enhanced only YEAR mapping with || substr(xxx.PERIODID,0,0) (now it looks as follows: substr(xxx.TSTFR,0,4) || substr(xxx.PERIODID,0,0) )
  • Changed filter to ignore null and zeros values (xxx.YOUR_KF IS NOT NULL AND cast(xxx.YOUR_KF,'int') > 0 )

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195150
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

the HCI template task 'IBP_KF_PlannedIndependentRequirements' extracts key figures from IBP and writes the data via Web Service as Planned Independent Requirement to APO. This seems very similar to what you try to do. Maybe it helps to take a look at this template to analyze the difference to your task. Additional information on the template can be found in chapter 2.2.8 of the Integration Guide (Link).

Thomas

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I noticed this strange behavior when exporting key figure from IBP.

Using PERIODID in the first query is not enough.

The only solution I found was to add an aggregation transform after the first query, where I keep PERIODID. In this aggregation, I group by all fields (so I do nothing in reality).

This "breaks" this strange link withPERIODID.

After this transform, you can stop using PERIODID.

Hope this can help,

Pierre

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergey

You also need to add the root attribute PERIODID if you need TSTFR and TSTTO field in the export.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

I use PERIODID in first step, because without it testing in Design View gives me error.