Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null routerHandle on release of Shop Order with Subassys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Running SAP ME Base 15.1.1.0 Counter 201602011916

I have setup a simple test to prove out the Parent Order containing a Sub-assembly as part of the parent BOM. When attempting to release the Shop Order I am getting the following exception in the Log:

Exception raised from invocation of public com.sap.me.frame.Data com.sap.me.demand.SFCBOBean.release(com.sap.me.frame.Data) throws com.sap.me.frame.BasicBOBeanException method on bean instance com.sap.me.demand.SFCBOBean@1ad85f32 for bean sap.com/me~ear*xml|me.demand.ejb-151.1.0.jar*xml|SFCBO in application sap.com/me~ear.; nested exception is: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.me.frame.BOHandle.toString() of a null object loaded from local variable 'routerHandle'

Others have looked at the setup (from SAP) and they have agreed that it is setup properly.

I have run the same scenario on an older version of ME in which this worked: Base 15.0.3.7 Counter 201505061434

Has anyone else encountered this error or any ideas on how to fix?

Any help or feedback would be appreciated,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Found out that I had some of the Components within the BOM were setup as "Manufactured" instead of "Purchased".

As the Shop Order was being released it was looking at each of the Materials in the BOM for Sub-Assemblies to create their own Shop Order. Since the Materials did not have their own BOM or Routing associated to them it fails.

Perhaps a better error message could have been used instead of the dreaded "double diamond" screen. Would have saved some time and energy.

Thanks for looking anyway,

Mike

Answers (0)