cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Alerts in SLG1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys

i have configured my alerts and they work fine if i uncheck the "Suppress multiple alerts "button in RWB .in SLG1 they are triggred properly by user PIRWBUSER.but when i check the "Suppress Multiple alerts " button then i see alerts being half way generated but with my user name and with "Confirm Alerts" under sub object text.They are not delivered to my Alert inbox

there are no dumps in ST22 and i have been through lots of blogs and SAP notes too but couldn't solve this problem

any help will be appreciated

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Could you please let me know after changing the configuration did you recived any alert,if yes try to confirm, respondtothat alert ,later check the next alert.

Am i in right track?

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Chilla:)

ur exactly on right track and even i m coming on track now.i just figured this thing out

i m messing up in conforming to the alert,but dont u think its weird that subsequent alerts of same rules,wont be triggered until and unless we have confirmed.?

thanx for ur help

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chilla

a stupid question,i m on PI 7.0 SP 9 and dont see any any alert confirm button,instead there is Complete button,its the same right?but when even after i click the Complete button ,the next alert is not triggered,when i try to comfirm it by SALRT_CONFIRM_ALERT,its giving a ALERT_UNKNOWN exception,why am i getting this exception?is there any way else to confirm this alert other dan RWB and SALRT_CONFIRM_ALERT?

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad ,

not sur ebut , in general , we will confirmin alert inbox..see the belowlink

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/82/f1b14000eef20fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Chilla

i'll work on it and will see what i can find

regards

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

any inputs on my error?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

This is not an error.

1. Suppres Multiple Alerts of this Rule :

This option is used to suppress the alert,i.e, the alert is triggered only once for the rule until it is confirmed by the recipient. This option is to used to avoid cases when you do not want the same alert satisfying the same rule to be retriggered multiple times.

2. Deselecting this option would mean that the Alert will be triggerd everytime the rule is satisfied.

If you are looking to monitor all errors in XI, deselect this option and things will work fine.

Also you can use the report RSALERTDISP to confirm / delete alerts if you want.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bhavesh

thats the problem ,once i confirm all the alerts in alert inbox in RWB and send wrong XMl again,the alerts are not triggered until and unless i uncheck the "Suppress" button.

when i check it in slg1,it says Confirm Alert

so the bottom line is,i only get alerts if the Suppress option is unchecked,and if its checked then i dont get any alerts

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not a problem. That is standard design and behavior of XI alerts.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats kinda weird,dont u think so:)

well wat i m unable to understand is that ,even after i confirm the alerts,why i m not able to see new alerts for the same rule again.

my understanding is that once we confirm the alerts,if a new alert for the same rule is triggered it should be displayed in alert inbox.but in my case its not doin so,is my understandin wrong?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Are you sure you are confirming the Alert in the Alert Inbox?

Confirm your alerts by logging onto the Alert Inbox. And then retrigger the same issue.

Or, try to use the report RSALERTDISP.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bhavesh

yeah i m conformin all the alerts(i m on PI 7.0 and there is a button called complete,guess that waz confirm in XI 3,0)also in RSALERTDISP ,status of all the alerts is confirmed.

but one thing worth noticing is,that if i uncheck the Suppress button,then i get start getting alerts after every 15-20 seconds,even if i dont trigger alert(i m testing a message mapping error)

are alerts triggered after every pooling interval if it doesn't find the file ?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Look into any of your sender adapters, are they in Red? If yes, they will trigger the alert every polling interval if the error is not resolved.

Also, check service marketplace for any oss notes on your alert problem. Have seen some new notes on for the latest SP.

><i>are alerts triggered after every pooling interval if it doesn't find the file ?</i>

Not at all. ALerts are triggered only if any of the adapters are in red. I guess one of your sender adapters ( polling based adapters ) must be in red due to some incorrect parameters.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,ur right:)

there were 2 sender adapters created by someone else and they were wrongly configured and it waz driving me crazy for the last 3 days:(

hopefully i will fix those two sender adapters and my alerts should work smoothly

thanx for ur help

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>hopefully i will fix those two sender adapters and my alerts should work smoothly

May be you can customize your alert rule for your scenario, so that the alert is not triggered for other scenarios.:-)

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

The best way to monitor all this is to use Cotainer Variables in the Alerts.

This will fill up values in runtiem and you will know which Adapter Type has caused this issue and there on you can montior the adapter etc,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah,i m gonna do that,but tonite i m so zoomed out coz of this problem that i cant wait to hit the sack:)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disabled all the faulty sender communication channels and now alerts are being triggered properly

thanx

Ahmad

Answers (0)