SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Article in SAP retail

Lbasadien26
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Day,

Is it possible to create KMAT articles (Configurable articles) in retail for external procurement.

Our requirement is to be able to configure an article in a sales order but then raise a purchase order to the vendor to supply.

Regards

Lindsay

4 REPLIES 4

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

The scenario you are mentioning is a third party sales order. In this scenario, the sales order is created with a different item category which trigger the creation of purchase requisition when you save the sales order. This PR then get converted into PO. Vendor directly ship the goods to customer and send the invoice to you. Please search SCN or google for complete details on third party sales order.

Please provide more details on why you want to use configuration article and what is the scenario.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks.

Client would like to create a configurable article in the sales order.

The article will be supplied from the vendor and manufactured in house.

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

Sorry, I understood your question wrongly.

Well, configuration items, I am not familiar, so please wait for an expert to revert on this.

Regards,

Amit

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

I don't know exactly, if it works, one would have to test it in a properly setup system.

Checking at SAP Help, I don't find it explicitly excluded.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_08/helpdata/en/9a/a4c7536e8e2a4be10000000a174cb4/content.htm?framese...

But I see the following issue: If I am not mistaken, I guess Article Maintenance in IS Retail (MM4x) is only supporting class type 026 - you cannot add other class types in the screen sequence in Article Maintenance.

For KMAT article, if I am not mistaken again, you would have to assign BOM with class type 200 or 300. So, as this is not possible to assign in MM4x, you would have to use "standard" material maintainance MM0x for maintaning this.

This would lead to having articles & materials in the same systems, which is in general not recommended by SAP. Additionally, this could lead to follow-up problems, depending on the exact functions you want to use in your process. If these would require some kind of retail-specific master data, this is most propably not present for your KMAT materials.

So, I think, this is a difficult topic and cannot be answered in general - even if it looks like that it is technical possible using KMAT in Retail (at least I did not find something that is telling anything different - please go through the link above for details), there could be limitiations in the processes. At least I doubt that it works properly.

Hope it helps.

Tobias