Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Sales return

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is a partial sales returns requirement, where only a few cartons from a pallet of the full consignment have been returned by the customer and is to be taken back into the stock.

for Example, I am selling one pallet which could contain around 65 cartons and out of which 10 cartons were found to be damaged and customer has rejected it and has returned it. How to do this scenario.

Thanks!

AL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Google -> return delivery handling units site:sap.com -> 5,040 hits. You might want to check some of the existing SCN posts as this is unlikely a unique scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

1. Create return sales order w.r.t invoice.

2. Create return delivery.

3. Create handling unit for return delivery items or you can directly enter the carton material in return sales order if you do not want to create handling unit during delivery.

4. Do PGR. This will allow to receive the FG and cartons in their respective storage location. It will move to return and unrestricted depending on your movement type, 651 or 653. 

5. If the movement type is 651 system will not create accounting document. The accounting document gets generated once you move your stock from return to unrestricted by movement type 453. But if you want to create accouting document for 651, you can do that with the help of your MM consultant.

6. Create Credit memo.

Hope it helps...

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

Thanks for the reply!

My issue now is not to create accounting document, but to identify the Handling unit which was picked while issuing for delivery.

When I create a sales order for the returned quantity and do the PGR it is working that way. But the business user says he wants to also identify the same handling unit which was delivered to the customer while it is being returned and I am unable to do it.

Kindly guide me.

Best Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

If you want to find the handling unit number for information purpose then it is possible since you are creating return order with reference to invoice. But if you want to use same handling unit number during return delivery it is certainly not possible. Just think, system has created a HU of quantity 100. Now you are returning 10. So how system is going to update quantity for that HU in table. It certainly not going to replace 100 with 90. Return invoices, return deliveries all work on the same concept.

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I created a returns order with reference to original billing document and created a returns delivery. The problem I am facing here is, when I had dispatched the goods it was packed in cartons as handling units and while customer returned only a few of the delivered cartons, the system identifies only the material and not the handling unit. It says the 'the handling unit has the status as posted'

1. Create sales order for 100 KG

2. Create delivery

3. Create Transfer Order - Pick the material from warehouse

4. Create billing

5. Create returns order with reference to Billing

While doing the post goods receipt I want to take the stock in along with the handling units. Please guide me how to do this process.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

In which cases, by going to VA01, a returned order could be created with reference to billing document. When you select return order type in main menu of selection screen , the system will direct you to reference billing document. After you change order quantity from 65 to 10(it is your sample), sales order will save and returned delivery and billing will be created respectively. In stardard system, RE sales document type represents returned order. But may be there can be custom document type in your system. Please note that, when you followed above steps, you are able to go over customizing setting in VOV8 for realizing background logic.

Best Regards

Engin KARABOĞA

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Engin & Kivan,

Thanks!

1. Will the return process be the same for Packaged material. Since this material is being packed in cartons and then onto a pallet and delivered.

2. When I try to do the return delivery process some how no accounting document is getting generated

Best Regards,

AL

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's up to how the material is returned - In packaging materials or not?

You can simply create the return order for 10 cartons and you'll be fine.

The not generation of accounting document is a separate issue - it is probably related to the movement type which should be assigned to your schedule line in customizing.

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kivanc!

That is correct. I did a returns delivery but when I try to check the accounting document, it says "Material document does not include an accounting document"

The movement type for returns delivery is '651'

Any one guide me please.

Best Regards,

AL

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If material is valuable, check with this query with your MM consultant please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Please Mention if u have done PGI and billing, if the billing document number is successfully generate there is no problem with sales flow. any way please check movement type config in OMJJ with a MM consultant.

Regards

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas

What seems to be the roadblock here, as I could not see any. Is your delivery quantity pallets in this case? Why wouldn't it be enough to create a return order for 10 cartons and post goods receipt for them?