cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifecycle Planning Table - Order Exceptions Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use life cycle planning to discontinue products across the company. We use a phase out profile with 0% constant factor after end date.

My question now is:

#1 When a customer places an order for this item, would the entry be deleted in the life cycle table?

#2 Is there a way for us to know when a customer places an order for this material.

#3 How do you guys deal with this kind of a situation and are there any alerts that could help us with this situation.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Rohit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Please find the answers below.

Thanks,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

#2. I am not sure if you meant order history. Once the product is discontinued in the life cycle planning table, is there a way for the demand planner to know when a customer places an order for this item. It is not practical for the demand planner to look at each SKU / Customer to get this info since we have a ton of materials.

#3. I am not sure if you understood my question. This has nothing to do with the stock / inventory levels. I would appreciate if you could elaborate more.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am confused by your question.   What does phase in / phase out influence your sales order creation process?  Are you asking about material determination in ECC or product substitution in APO GATP or what?

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay let me explain my question once again.

We have a material 53212. This material is discontinued in APO for a customer 67 by maintaining a phase out profile. When the same customer places an order for this material lets say after a year, in ECC a sales order will be created.

Now my question is what happens when the sales order is sent to APO.

#1. Will the entry from the lifecycle table in APO be deleted?

#2. Is there a way that the demand planner will know that the customer has placed an order for this material other than checking the order history in APO.

#3 Can we write an alert or something to notify the planner when this customer places an order for this material.

Thanks.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phase In/Phase Out is used for forecasting.  It has nothing to do with sales order creation.  You should prevent them from ordering an obsolete product w/in ECC and GATP.   Nothing gets added / deleted from life cycle table automatically. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

#1 Can you let me know where to make these settings in ECC. And if we could make this setting at  a customer / material level.

#2 Would these settings be transferred to APO?