cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional approval workflow

0 Kudos

Hi all, I have a requirement where the approval workflow (manager level) should be conditional.

When a user submits a request, the work flow should check if the manager is NOT a Senior Vice President or or Vice President and only then it should send the approval request to the manager. If it finds the manager is a VP or SVP then it should forward the request to a predefined approver.

Any how to help on this will be a big help for me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Yes, the inputs are really helpful. Thanks to Matt, C Kumar and Tero.

But , the implementation was done using RDS for 7.2, and now this is an enhancement requirement.

So probably, I will have to have a field to store the title of the approver and need a script to check if the title is VP or AVP or SVP etc.

But how can I get this incorporated. No idea !!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ani,

Even though you used the RDS, it can still be expanded upon.

If you're unfamiliar with IDM, I would suggest going to training, or hiring a consultant who can do the work along with some training / knowledge transfer.

Matt

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the basic tutorial of approval workflow, that should give hints how to accomplish this.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20b67ad5-c69a-2c10-9da2-9721b1cf7...

Might be easier to write the script that checks whether the manager in question is VP or SVP and if so, then assigns the predefined value.

regards, Tero

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ani,

As already shared by Matt, it can be done in numerous way. You can use a Switch task or Conditional task for this.

In conditional task you have to put a SQL query like it will give result True/Flase based on comparison of user's manager mskeyvalue with Senior Vice President or or Vice President mskeyvalue.

Regards,

C Kumar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ani,

Please take a look at the conditional task concept in IDM.  Basically, you'll need to have an attribute that defines a user as a manager.  After that you can branch as needed.

If you need to evaluate a number of scenarios, you can use the Switch task, which works like a CASE statement.

Regards,

Matt