cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Full - Cannot pass RFC to Implemented status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need an opinion about this issue, my level of English is not the best, so I hope you understand.

We are use Change Request Management in our  Company, so we created the custom transaction types (YMCR - YMMJ - YMHF) to manage our changes (RFC - Normal Changes -Urgent Changes).

We create a YMCR with one YMMJ releted transaction. Both transactions was following the flow normally, YMCR was "Being Implemented" status and YMMJ was "Release for production" status.

While the user was waiting until the import of transport request into production system, he change the status of YMCR to "Extend Scope", then he pass to "To Be Approved" (The user has little knowledge on the tool and do this for no reason.). After this the  person who mades the import into production pass the YMMJ to "Imported into production", so the YMCR automatically pass to "Implemented". But, like the YMCR had been "To Be Approved" status previusly, the change manager approve the YMCR and pass from "Implemented" status to "Approved" status.

Now, YMCR was "Being implemented" status but we don´t be able to pass to "Implemented" status again. Is there any process, report or any way to set this status again???

Thanks for your Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you are sure your configuration is good and as this RFC was wrongly set to current status, you can use report CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT to set it to next status:"implemented".

Best regards,

Melody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melody

Tks for your answer.

I already had used this report for trying to pass the RFC to "Implemented" status. But, unfortunately the RFC was set to "Estimation" status (This is a Custom status defined by our company with the internal code E0016). I made a debbug on this report and i found that it set this status because in the "Specify status attributes" customizing there is no sequences defined for our YMCR transaction type, that is why the report takes the status E0016 like a next status of E0015 (Being implemented).

As a test, i configured a sequence in which E0005 (Implemented) is the next status of E0015 and then run the report and in this case the RFC takes correctly the "implemented" status.

I think i can solve my issue by applying this status sequence on productive system, as a temporal configuration.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, the report cannot locate the logical next status, it just use next status in sequence. Sorry for not

mentioning this.

Anyway, nice to hear you can solve your issue.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe

Yes as Prakhar replied, all the change documents should be completed and then only you can pass the RFC to be in implemented phase.

Further, this condition is embedded in the below path, it is not advisable to make any change for sake of one rfc,

SPRO->SAP Solution manager->Capabilities->Change Control Management->Change Request Management Framework->Make settings for change Transaction Types->Specify Status Attributes->(Select transaction Type SMCR) ->Specify Required status Values for Sucessor.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Tks for your answer, please see my reply  for Prakhar. We already have the correct configuration for successor and predecesor documents.

Tks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

have you checked the below

1936582 - RfC set to Implemented before all change documents are completed - Solution Manager

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for yoor answer.

I check the SPRO configuration and we have the correct parametrization for Successor and Predecessor Documents.

In fact, the RFC of this issue takes the "Implemented" status in the right moment, when both change documents related, Admin Change and Normal change takes their final status. But, by error, the change manager access the RFC and set the status to "Approved" and from this moment we don't be able to set the "implemented" status again

Is there any way to "rexecute" the action SET_PREDOC again????? or manually pass  to "Implement" status again??

Thanks