cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect AOT with EH Type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I'm struggeling with an issues where I seek some helping hand. Probably easy issues, but I'm still a rookie in EM

I have created two different custom AOT (Z_ODT30_TO for Freight Bookings and ZZ_ODT30_TO for Freight Orders) and I'd like to link each AOT to a separate custom EH Types. Therefore I created EH Type (Z_ODT30_TO for FB's and ZZ_ODT30_TO for FO's).

Since and FB and FO's should have different Events listed, I also created two EE profiles and assigned them to the respective EH Type.

Now I cannot find a way to link my EH Types to the AOT's

AOT: Z_ODT30_TO with

EHT: Z_ODT30_TO

and so on...

When I create Freight Documents, the system takes only one EH type and also only its EE profile

How can I tell the system to take EH Type Z_ODT30_TO for AOT Z_ODT30_TO? I don't find a customizing path for this

For AOT ZZ_ all looks fine so far. I'm not fnding a way to distinguish an EH Type for AOT's

I appreciate any help and comment and apologize for any rudimentary approach...

Thanks a lot

-Houshyar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

Configuration will be like below:

1.  IMG -> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Event Handlers ->  Define Conditions for Event Handler Types and Event Handler Sets -> EH Type Conditions -> Create New Entries -> Enter EH Type Condition and Description -> Click Condition Editor (Cntrl+F12)

2. a) On Condition Editor popup -> Expression 1 -> EH Header -> Double click Appl.Obj.Type

b) Operators -> click "="

c) Enter Z_ODT30_TO in Constant and hit enter button

d) Check condition for consistency (Ctrl + F2) (message says " Syntax check: The condition is correctly formulated) and click Transfer Condition(F3) and save.

e-g:

3) Do the above steps for AOT ZZ_ODT30_TO also.

4) Assign condition to event handler type for both event handler types: IMG -> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Event Handlers -> Define Event Handler Types -> Select your event handler assign condition in Condition field.

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

just wanted to thank everybody for your useful hints,

I will consider and discuss those with my team.

Best regards

Houshyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi and Kevin may I ask one more issue concerning conditions?

Is it possible to maintain a Incoterm dependent EH Type with Conditions?

I added a condition to what to kindly explained to me, and it now looks like this...

But my FB now doesn't create events anymore, so Execution tab is blank, even though FB Incoterm is Ex Works (EXW)..

Can this scenario also be covered with conditions? If yes what did I wrong here?

Thanks

-Houshyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

Why do you want to check the incoterm as EH Type condition? If you want only EXW incoterm type of FB Event Handlers, then do the inco term check on the application system ( TM ) itself. Add this  incoterm in AOT Relevance FM and filter out the FB documents.

-> Goto your AOT = Z_ODT30_TO on the application integration config and add goto EM Relevance and modify your relevance plugin FM and add this check. If incoterm is not EXW, then make the result = F.

This way is better in terms of design and performance.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

thank you very much for your suggestion.

I see one problem with your solution for my scenario. In my case, I can only use one AOT per freight document, because there is only one FB type and one FO type.

So if I modify FM of AOT Z_ODT30_TO this will affect all FB's since there is only one AOT and so there is also only one EH Type.

What I need is:

-> When FB with EXW is created create EE Profile 1:

-> For all other FB's take EE Profile 2.

That's why I came up with the idea to create two EH Types for FB's

One with a condition: AOT=Z_ODT30_TO and Incoterm=EXW

and another condition which says: AOT=Z_ODT30_TO

and for each EH Type I could create an EE Profile (one for FB's with EXW and one for the remaining FB's)

As I said in my first post, I'm still a rookie in this field and I've not much ABAP knowledge. That's why I came up with the idea using Conditions for EH, since this worked very well as described by Gopi and Kevin. But if you still suggest to modify FM for AOT for my scenario, I will talk to our Developer, he will support me with any modification.

Thanks for the support and apologies for my inexperience

-Houshyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

Ok, I see why you want to add the condition. I cannot say if the condition for control parameter works or not for EH type condition since I have haven't tested with those type of params as condition. Maybe someone will test in their system and confirm if it works or not but if you need, there is other options which you can try.

Try to create just 1 EE profile with all the Exp Events and control what expected events you want send to EM through your Expected Event extractor. In the extractor, you can put a condition for EXW and u can send EXW related events and if it's not EXW, send the Exp Events which are not EXW. This way you can control your Expected Events if your condition for EH Type doesn't like control params.

Also, why do you say you can have only 1 AO Type? You can have multiple AO Types for your FB document. You can remove the AO Type check from relevance which checks for AO Type from TM in EM extractor. You can have as many AO Types for a single TM doc type.

Thanks,

Vishnu

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

please do not use the Worflow Conditions as you have done in the screenshot above. They can cause severe performance problems. Instead use a function module where you code your condition. Examples are available in the delivered scenarios.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Houshyar,

If you use multiple conditions in condition editor for given EH Type Conditions, then it would hit performance badly as suggested by Steffan.

Please create custom function in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Event Handlers ->  Define Conditions for Event Handler Types and Event Handler Sets -> EH Type Condition Functions and then assign EH Type Condition Function to relevant event handler types.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

PERFECT!!!!

Thanks Gopi and Kevin

Best regards

-Houshyar

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Houshyar,

In your EH Type definition simply put in an EH Type Condition. The condition can either be a condition rule or a condition function. There are many examples to show you how to do it.

Simply put you need to create the following entries:

1. Create condition: ZCHECK_AOT_ZODT30
    1. Is AOT = Z_ODT30_TO
  2. Create condition: ZCHECK_AOT_ZZODT30
    1. Is AOT = ZZ_ODT30_TO
  3. Event Handler Type Z_ODT30_TO link condition ZCHECK_AOT_ZODT30
  4. Event Handler Type ZZ_ODT30_TO link condition ZCHECK_AOT_ZZODT30

That should do the trick