Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Project (CProject) - WBS Synchronization

emil_lazarski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with synchronization of data between WBS elements (Project Definition) and the PPM project.

I have seen that there is the option in DFM

to map certain fields of project definition (WBS) and PPM project definition but after saving the data in CJ20N the data in PPM is not updated. When I change data on the PPM side it is being transferred to PS correctly.

Another thing that is confusing for me is that there are two places to assign fields between PS and PPM:

and:

Do you know what is the difference and where should the changes be made?

I cannot see the difference between the both options ( programs SAPLDPR_MAPPING_VIEW and SAPLINM_SYNC_FRAMEWO ).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Emil,

Information concerning the synchronization from PS-project to Item can you find in Wiki under:

Decision Flow Management (Tips) - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

best regards,

Judith

emil_lazarski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Thanks for the response!

What I find particularly interesting is that in the table INM_OBJGRP_SYNC I can only find the following entries:

I guess that this table lacks grouping SOURCE_GROUPING (PD)- TARGET_GROUPING (PDCP), SOURCE_GROUPING (PDCP)- TARGET_GROUPING (PD), SOURCE_GROUPING (PR)- TARGET_GROUPING (PDCP) and SOURCE_GROUPING (PDCP)- TARGET_GROUPING (PR).

Do you know if in standard solution is it possible to enter these conections?

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Emil,

to transfer datas from PS-project to PPM-Item you have to use the BAdIs as described in the Wiki-page.

Best regards,

Judith

emil_lazarski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dar Judith,

hank you for your response,

I am thinking about synchronizing cProject (PPM Project) and PS Project. I know, that in the out-of-the-box solution it is possible to integrate PPM Item and PS Project.

Best Regards

Emil

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Emil,

DFM Synchronization isn´t available for data transfer from Project Management Project to PS-project.
It´s available from Portfolio Managment to PS-Project or
Portfolio Management to Project Management Project or

within Portfolio Management (Initiative to item,...)

See Online documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm610/helpdata/en/4a/c386668c352470e10000000a42189c/content.htm?framese...

Best regards,

Judith

emil_lazarski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Judith,

Thank you for the response,

Best Regards,

Emil

Answers (0)