cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where store the Map file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I want to save a map in MDM import manager, I just click save button, system give a pop-up dialog "Save Map As", after I type a name for this map file e.g. test01, system automatically do the saving action, at the same time, the title at the top of the screen was change to SAP MDM Import Manager-test01. The question is how to find the map file which maybe store in a folder?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred,

Regarding Port:

The MDM port serves as a central depot to collect relevant information for importing/exporting data to and from client systems.

Ports simplify the manual and automated handling of connection information by bundling parameters.

When you create a port, it automatically creates a directory structure on the MDM Server machine in the Server folder.

Port Triggers creation of directory in a windows installation of MDM with default parameters.

Program Files>SAP MDM 5.5>Server> Distribution>Repository name>Inbound> Client System name> Port> Ready.

Rest everything our other SDN friends have explained.

May be its very clear to you now.

Regards

Rehman

Reward Points If Useful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Alfred ,

When you save the map it gives you the option to save it exactly as you mentioned . Now after saving what you got to do is go to file>export and there it will give you an option to select the map that you just created . Select the same and then it will give you an option to export to whatever directory structure you wish to export it to . Next time you wish to apply the same mapping , just import the map from the same place and it automatically get's applied .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred

If you want the system to automatically identify a map for a source system, then you can create a port in the Console>>Repository>>Admin>>Ports. Specify the map for a remote system. The import manager automatically picks up the map next time you start the import manager for a remote system.

Arvind

Pls reward useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfred,

It is a FAQ.

<i>Where are import maps stored and can maps be edited externally?

The maps are stored in the repository and can be edited only though the Import Manager. They can be exported and imported to/from binary files. The maps are being archived and un-archived together with other repository data.</i>

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S