Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No objects for SGEN/Regenerate after SAP System Upgrade

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I have upgrade an ECC from 6.04 to 6.07.

When I run sgen with the option Regenerate after SAP System Upgrade and select all the components (127 in my case),

it says "The amount generated contains no object".

Would you know what I am supposed to do do so that I could start this sgen after my upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I had no clear answer on sdn, I have open an incident.

For the one who may face this problem, the answer is:

"As single system strategy is used in your recent update, REPLIST is not generated. This means, after the upgrade, if you need to run SGEN, option 'regenerate after system upgrade ' cannot be used. This works as designed, as the old load is kept with single system strategy, you can choose option 'regenerate already exsiting loads'. This should of course be documented. We will take care of this internally."

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the contents of your SUM/abap/log folder to make sure you did not already run SGEN

Are the objects compiling when you execute any transaction (can be seen in the lower part of your screen).

If so, go to SGEN and select the option: Generate All Objects of Selected Software Components

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Joao Bozelli wrote:

Check the contents of your SUM/abap/log folder to make sure you did not already run SGEN

Are the objects compiling when you execute any transaction (can be seen in the lower part of your screen).

If so, go to SGEN and select the option: Generate All Objects of Selected Software Components

Which log file should I check?

Yes it is compiling each time we start a transaction for the first time.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on Linux/Unix run the command:

grep GEN *

If you are on Windows just search for GEN and go thru the files. One of them will be SGEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

Check table GENSETC or GENSETM after SGEN execution.

If GENSTATUS flag is X, it means generation for the object is finished.

If GENSTATUS flag is S, it means generation for the object failed due to syntax error.

If GENSTATUS flag is E, it means generation for the object failed due to system error.

If you can not find entry for the object in GENSETC or GENSETM, it means the object was not selected during SGEN execution or a new SGEN execution was started.

Also check if you have REPLIST.lst file in DIR_HOME directory before you start SGEN.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Joao Bozelli wrote:

If you are on Linux/Unix run the command:

grep GEN *

If you are on Windows just search for GEN and go thru the files. One of them will be SGEN

A grep would provide more than 100 files therefore it won't help a lot even if it was good to try.

Regards,

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you select the option to start SGEN in the Advanced configuration mode in the SUM tool? If yes then SUM will start the SGEN in the shadow and post downtime if you have selected the option "Generate ABAP loads on shadow system during uptime and start asynchronously in post downtime"

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Reagan Benjamin wrote:

Did you select the option to start SGEN in the Advanced configuration mode in the SUM tool? If yes then SUM will start the SGEN in the shadow and post downtime if you have selected the option "Generate ABAP loads on shadow system during uptime and start asynchronously in post downtime"

No I have not selected it.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit.

It may be resources(Memory) crunch you may require to restart the system and then start the SGEN.

BR

SS

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

S Sriram wrote:

Hi Benoit.

It may be resources(Memory) crunch you may require to restart the system and then start the SGEN.

BR

SS

Restarting the instance does not change anything.

regards,