cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Capabilities on Custom UI Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in order to meet some Business Process Requirements, we defined a Custom UI Screen (a Worklist) on the standard LeanLead Business Object, in the same way the standard OWL COD_Mkt_Prospect_SADL has been defined in the Cloud for Customer Repository.

The new UI screen works fine and achieves all the requirements. However, when we try to test it on the Offline mode client  (C4C, Extended Edition for Windows), the OWL doesn't display any result, as shown in the picture here below:

Our premises for these discussion are of course the following:

• Offline Settings have been successfully set up in the system via the Administrator --> General Settings functionality;
  • All the other Business Objects (including the Leads in the standard OWL COD_Mkt_Prospect_SADL) have been successfully tested in Offlline mode.

Do you have any advice on how to solve this issue? Are there any additional settings in the custom OWL definition in order to enable the Offline mode capabilities?

Thank you so much for your contribution.

Kind regards,

Davide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

Did you synch before going to offline mode?

Thanks, Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

yes we did. This made possible indeed to see the latest updated data for all the other BOs (Opportunities, Activities, etc.) but the Leads.

Cheers,

Davide

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

In the online application UI go to Administrator workcentre -> offline settings -> You will find all the UIs downloadable if offline mode, here search for Leads under "Workcentre View", for this entry Check "Maximum Number" it should be greater than 0,
Check "Query" it should be "All" or your OWL query,
Check "Business Role Name", it should be empty or if it exists should be assigned to your login user.

Also, try to save data in the offline mode and check if the data is shown in the OWL.

Thanks, Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your feedback. We actually checked the Offline Settings, and we have been able to set it for the standard Workcenter Views, as shown in the pic here below:

Is there any way to set them up for a Custom Workcentre View implemented in a Custom PDI Solution?

Cheers,

Davide

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Custom BO is not yet ready for Offline. it won't work for custom BO.

Thanks, Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

and what about a standard object (such as the LeanLead BO or the Opportunity BO) reused in a Custom UI Screen?

Cheers,

Davide

sunil1101
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

For the Reusing in custom UI you have to bind DataModel with OCM (in UI desinger you will find radio button) of related Business Object(here it is Opportunity).

But if you are extending the BO and creating custom action or event(BeforeSave or afterModify) which would not work now.  I guess soon in coming version(16011 ) we can use SDK feature as offline

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil,

this sounds helpful. I'll give you all a feedback as soon as we get an outcome.

Cheers,

Davide

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Davide,

Sorry to disappoint you but the OCM tag is readonly in the UI Designer for SDK.

You will have to wait until SDK supports offline.

It will come, I promise.

Bye,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

no worries, but actually it could be a good extensibility feature.

Cheers,

Davide

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil1101
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Currently I dont think Offline feature is compatible for all BOs and here Lean_Lead BO is of category of  Transformed Object.

Transformed objects are instantiated at run-time and do not have their own persistence, so in that case it has to instantiated from local memory(browser memory) data. I guess lean_lead should provide the persistence view of Lead but some how that logic might have missed in offline client script.

I am sure SAP is already working on such type of BO. However you should raise an incident and SAP will take care of it.

Regards

Sunil