cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR Server using Oracle Standby Database - Cross Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are running our SAP Produciton server (SAP EHP 5) , Database : oracle 11g on platform HP-UX 11.31.

We have one DR Site which is also on HP Unix platform. We are using oracle standby database in Automatic Managed Recovery Mode.

We want to setup additional DR Server for testing purpose on RHEL 7.

So our primary site is on HP Unix 11.31 and standby db site on RHEL 7.

All are request to share your experience to take care before staring procedure to smooth the implementation.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jairo_pedroza
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav,

As mentioned by Yves, it not supported using this kind of tools.

One possibility that I know works properly, is to use Oracle Golden Gate, but I guess is not good enough because price is too high and more effort to implement.

You can find something like sharedplex and other that will do the same..... In my experience, not recommended to use with SAP DR

From my technical point-of-view, I recommend to use the same platform, taking account that you want DR, so SAP Kernel, Operation system, Oracle version, and so on should be the same

Regards,

Jairo Pedroza

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav

As the two platform does not share the same endianness replication is not supported for either physical or logical standby, so replication from HP to Linux is not possible.

Best regards

Data Guard Support for Heterogeneous Primary and Physical Standbys in Same Data Guard Configuration ...

PLATFORM_ID

PLATFORM_NAME
Release name

PLATFORM_IDs supported within the same Data Guard configuration when using Data Guard Redo Apply (Physical Standby)

HP-UX (64-bit)
HP-UX PA-RISC

4 - Oracle 10g onward, see Support
Note: 395982.1 and Note:414043.1

HP-UX IA (64-bit)
HP-UX Itanium

3 - Oracle 10g onward, see Support Notes
Note: 395982.1 and Note:414043.1

What differences are allowed between a Primary Database and a Data Guard Logical Standby Database (S...

PLATFORM_ID

PLATFORM_NAME
Release name

PLATFORM_IDs supported within the same Data Guard configuration when using Data Guard SQL Apply (Logical Standby)

HP-UX (64-bit)
HP-UX PA-RISC

3, 4

HP-UX IA (64-bit)
HP-UX Itanium

3, 4