cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Viewer - Replaceable Parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anyone know if you can pass replaceable parameters to the HTML Viewer in ME 15.0?

I have a report created in MII that is displayed as a popup in the POD that has SFC specific data in it, I can set the parameters to pass a value to the MII query in activity maintenance and that working fine but can I pass replaceable parameters eg the SFC number that is selected in the POD??

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I would create activity in Activity maintenance with such settings:

1. Class/Program value should be your path to MII Report, for example : %PROTOCOL%://%SERVER%:%PORT%/XMII/CM/Test/Apps/ZBackflushingOutboundQueueMonitor/view/ZBackflushingOutboundQueueView.irpt

Non needed to replace %PROTOCOL%://%SERVER%:%PORT% with actual values , core POD Plugin will do this automatically.

2. Type = Button/Plug-in GUI(.jsp)

3. Activity rule PLUGIN_URL= /COM/SAP/ME/PRODUCTION/CLIENT/LEGACYPLUGIN.JSP

4. Add as button to POD .

Click on button and you will get SFC/Operation/Resource appended as parameters to URL : http://myhost:50000/XMII/CM/Test/Apps/ZBackflushingOutboundQueueMonitor/view/ZBackflushingOutboundQu...

Regards,

Oksana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

I just tested this approach and Its working .

Thank you.

Kevin

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

Great tip! I was also able to get this to work in MII SSCE by defining SSCE Parameters with the same name and case as the session variables that are passed in the activity.  A little javascript to extract the url session variables into an array is required if you need access to them from within javascript elsewhere.

Regards, Steve

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve, Kevin

Sounds great!Was happy to help!

Regards,

Oksana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still having trouble with this. When I use %PROTOCAL%://%SERVER%:%PORT% it opens as "about blank" when I put in the actual server port etc. it seems to prefix the url with https://myserver:51101/manufacturing if it did not include "manufacturing" then I could just include "/XMII/CM......" any idea why  "https//myserver:511101/manufacturing" is being added? Version 15.0.3.6

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

This feature is available from more latest version of SAP ME 15.0.3. You should download latest version from SMP.

Regards,

Oksana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Passing Parameters to the HTML_Viewer is currently not supported. As a work-around, you can create an instance of the MII_TRANS_PLUGIN activity to pass the POD context (SFC, Operation, Resource, Site) to an MII Transaction, attach this instance to a POD button activity (1st activity in the button that opens HTML_VIEWER), persist the context in MII, and query it in your MII report.

We are investigating the possibility of adding this capability in the future.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick answer, I will give your suggestion a try. Also thanks for joining the call I dont think Jay realized you were there.

Thanks

Kev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to say, yes I think this would a really useful feature to add

Kev

0 Kudos

I doubt this could work because all input parameters should be entered in PARAMETERS activity rule of MII_TRANS_PLUGIN. But we cannot change this field on fly, taking a current SFC from POD context.

So, I guess it is not possible for now.