Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EM integration with GPS

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

hI,

We are planning to install GPS with equipements so that based on movement of equipment tracked by GPS , EM needs to be updated. Now question is wheather there is a separate installation and license cost involved in integrating GPS with SAP EM?

Similarly if we are installing map do we require to have license cost incurred to integrate with EM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing the link. A quick question since in the integration with telemetics solution also WSDL services are provided by them, whats the change we need to do in the standard EM web service or EM proxy for posting the events in EM. I guess SAP EM proxy here means the std web service is modified into custom and then vide RFC adapter the EM BAPI will be called ?

Is there any mapping sheet available which we can refer for this scenario. Our telemetics provider is different but the concept is same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

1. I could see recently Daniel posted "Proof of Concept: Integration of SAP TM and SAP EM with Trimble Telematics solutions". Please check this.

2. GPS tracking software is third party software which are available to integrate with SAP if they already SAP certified.  I believe, your client chosen already Device and Software provider who can provide the service to integrate into SAP system.

3. Transportation Management heavily use GPS tracking system to track and report data. If your client using SAP TM and SAP EM then you can check existing resource to integrate or if you want to report an event directly into SAP EM then GPS data can be sent as XML and post an event through EH BAPI and EVM BAPI.

4. SAP XI integration normally goes hand to hand integration to collect data and post an event, if client already using it.  We had recently integrated different solution (not GPS) through Frontend -> WSDL file -> SAP PI -> XML file -> SAP EM PROXY (custom proxy) -> Event posting into SAP EM.

5. I could see a discussion in the past Sandeep and Berthhold in this following link 

Regards

GGOPII

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically the GPS device is connected to some central monitoring server. You would need to enable code on that server to supply events to SAP EM on a periodic basis. You don't need all the events but maybe 15 minute intervals, or on movement of the device, is good enough.

For licensing, there most certainly is licensing implications to use it productively. Google and Bing will allow certain amounts of free access outside of productive use to set it up but you will need to end up licensing it.