cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Everyone,

Need your suggestions for the below mentioned scenario in HANA sps9.

Is it possible to restrict different views in a role for different users on same attribute with different values.

For Example: I have a Role which is created with 4 views and 2 company code ( XX and YY )

User 1 need access to XX company code on view 1 and YY company code on view 2.

Like wise the requirement varies with users on views.

In the above scenario what ever value was given to company code in Authorization table that is what getting reflected in the views.

So I am unable to maintain such restrictions for users, even though users level table is updated with desired company code values.

What system is taking is the main company code attribute value.

Please suggest me on how to handle this scenario.

Its a very urgent requirement.

Need your support.

Regards,

Savitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

Since, you are on SP09; I would suggest you to leverage the capability of using Procedures (Catalog or Repository) to assign restrictions to the desired column. You would have complete control over your custom logic within the procedure and can then assign to restrict the column per your custom logic.

Regards,

Nihal

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check , if this can be achieved by creating Analytical Previliges , then passing Company code field Values & then assign that into User Role?

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

Thanks for your reply,this is the solution for straight forward role, but i need to restrict on view level in a single role.

Regards,

Savitha

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

Have u tried Dynamic Analytic privilege Solution for this Scenario?

Please let me know What Issue you are facing with some more detail.

Regards,

Muthuram