cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configration required for steel plates in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In material master the plate will be named with grade

In the PR and PO the user needs to enter length, breadth, thickness and density according to which the weight of the plate should be calculated automatically   

When the material is received the store will enter Length, breadth, thickness and heat no.

Storage and issuing has to be done with all these fields

While receiving back from the shop floor the length, breadth and thickness will vary as it would be cut into pieces but it would be recognized with the heat no. and the valuation also needs to be done according to these fields

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sir ;

You might have to create Z table with input length breath height density so that mass will be calculated .when  mass is calculated then based on end result you need to do GRN by manual entry or BAPI MIGO  ( MB01) . and same case needed to be followed at the time of good issue .

it will be complex development .

Joydeep

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You've to use variant configuration to enter characteristics of the material such are length, breadth, thickness, density and weight. In standard, no such functionality available for calculating weight based on some input while creating purchase requisition.

Variant configuration is applicable for purchasing document and please refer the screenshot below.

After you processed the material, to capture heat number and do separate valuation, use auto split-valuation. I mean capture heat number as batch number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosh,

Thank You for your response but i have few quarries for your reply

1) Heat No. is given by the design team in the initial stages when the design is being made, at that stage there wont be any batch number as material is not ordered.

2) For variant Config I can get the details in the PO but in the configuration but how do i connect it with the quantity ordered. I have made characteristics and class and have got the weight calculation also done now if i enter the length, width, thickness and density it is calculating the weight but it is not connecting with the quantity specified in PO.

3) How do i config the GR, GI and return with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do custom development , There is no standard way for this in SAP.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Thank You for your reply but there has to be some standard we cannot custom develop everting.

Regards,

Avinash

kaushal_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I am not sure but you should explore Variant configuration (LO-VC). This may cater your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Have tried Varient config but I am not able to capture it at PR and PO level also I am not able to cupture the automatic calculation of weight.

Regards,

Avinash