cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA PI Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have PI 7.40 dual stack installed on my system.

Few questions:

1. Is 7.40 the latest version(I didnot see ant further version, just confirming)

2. For Single stack shall I use 7.3 or 7.40

3. I believe we can connect n number of systems to SAP PI or is there any specific number.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Paaras,

1. Is 7.40 the latest version(I didnot see ant further version, just confirming)

No, the last version is 7.5

2. For Single stack shall I use 7.3 or 7.40

And you have 7.31 and 7.5.

3. I believe we can connect n number of systems to SAP PI or is there any specific number

You can connect as many systems as you want with each adapter. The unique problem could be you PI hardware, that it could be overload if it is not sized correctly with the load predicted.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paras,

As already answered by others, I would like to add few more points.

1) 7.5 PO is the latest version. You can find the details in the blog mentioned below.

What’s new in SAP Process Orchestration 7.5 SP00

Initial requirement can be checked in this document from SMP -

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000454652010E/SAP_NW_PO_v3.pdf

2)  For single stack you can go for 7.31,7,4 or 7.5 as per your requirement. All are available for installation and use. I am working on SAP PO 7.4 single stack from last one year and it is working fine.

3) You can connect any number of systems, you need to consider the performance and other memory sharing factors while configuring such set-up. Basis team can help you better on this analysis.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank So much for your reply Inaki!

Is 7.5 version open to be used.

Also, is there any major difference between 7.3,7.4 and 7.5

Regards,

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paaras,

Yes, PI 7.5 is available to be installed. From a first view there is not a remarkable difference for PI developer, basis colleagues told me that it doesn't support a real dual installation and if you want an upgrade to this version the ABAP stack must be in other instance.

However in this link What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.5 (Release Notes) - SAP Library under each SP support package you can find Process Integration paragraph and what it is included.

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paaras,

There are major differences in PI 7.3 and 7.5

1. Rest adapter is only available from PI 7.4 SP 8 and many functionalities are added in the later versions

2.Supporting multiple mail attachments for sender mail adapter

refer the blog series from Alexander Bundschuh