Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto TO not working for few Posting change scenarios

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Folks,

We have Auto TO set up for posting changes.

So if we did 343 or 344; the corresponding TO is created and confirmed.

All works good; till

A.) We have blocked stock say two units (same batch) in two different storage bins for a storage type say ACR.

Now we create a PCN for single unit (instead of two; in which case it works good);

It appears that the system cannot 'locate' the source storage bin; since it has a 'choice' of two bins for the same batch.

This is creating issues at our end.

If you go to LU04; you do see a corresponding entry and then create; confirm a TO.

SAP documentation says to do manually; or that was my understanding.

Creating Transfer Orders Immediately at the IM Posting - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Lib...

Have gone through note # 566090 (seems old for the current release we are in.).

What are the options in taking care of these scenarios?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Please check if it's due to quant merging issue and if so check out OSS note 1004984.

Hope this helps~

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the review and sharing the note.

The note that is relevant to my scenario (found after posting the query) is 1620253 - Transfer Order not created automatically following a QM Usage Decision.

Would like to understand what custom solution can be provided?

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that a custom solution could be so smart that it can replace a user decision.

This might be possible in this single case where the entire quantity is still present and just stored in several bins. But how could a program ever know which quant has to be updated if it is just a partial quantity?