SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete and create a document in FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a situation where we have posted a financial asset document and the system has automatically posted a corresponding FM document. And now we realized that the posting is supposed to be a statistical posting in FM and should not consume budget.

So we created a FM Derivation rule through which going forward all postings to that GL Account in AA will create a corresponding Statistical postings in FM (because we have created a Statistical Commitment Item and used derivation rule to derive it from FI GL Account in postings

And now my question is about the document which we created before changing the derivation rule, I tried FMN0 transaction to delete the FM document and recreate it. But the system is issuing "FM UP 127 error message saying the account assignment is being changed" which is actually happening.

As the FI document is being processed instead of Real CI we are using our derivation rule to change it to statistical CI

Using FMN0 the system is able to delete the old FM document and create a new one with the same assignment (when we set "keep acct assignment "checkbox in FMN0) But our requirement is to derive new CI while creating new FM Doc from existing FI doc . How to achieve this?

Also looked at number of OSS notes related to error FM UP 127 butt wondering if I am using the right transaction to start with...

Should we use FMN0 in this scenario? or any other t-code in FM, also wondering If I can use FMNC/FMCB followed by  FMCT

Please advise..appreciate your responses...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'd better use reassignment, e.g. FMCB, followed by FMCT if it's just one document we are talking about. You can still encounter FMUP127 error and for this, you'd need to consult note  2090247 - FMUP127: how to analyze, debug and the main notes and other notes mentioned there.

Also, you can use document deletion via FM_DLFI transaction with further reconstruction via FMN0.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'd better use reassignment, e.g. FMCB, followed by FMCT if it's just one document we are talking about. You can still encounter FMUP127 error and for this, you'd need to consult note  2090247 - FMUP127: how to analyze, debug and the main notes and other notes mentioned there.

Also, you can use document deletion via FM_DLFI transaction with further reconstruction via FMN0.

Regards,

Eli