Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No output medium error

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

We have a few vendors for which only output medium maintained is Telephone no mail or fax or print.

Now when a PO is created in SRM it gets Saved instead of getting ordered and does not gets replicated to backend due to output medium error.

There are four options for O/P medium Printer/Fax/Email/XML but for these vendors we dont have any of these and we want the PO to get replicated to backend.

Is there a way to change skip this error for some vendors or mark it as warning?

I checked influence message control but the message BBP_UI_PO 045 can not be added there.

What is the way out?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav

Go to Table BBPV_PDMSG in SM30 and enter the Message class and Number .

Now go back again to SPRO config and now you will be able to enter the PO message number and error in the config .

I am assuming you are using extended classic scenario so your PO business object would be BUS2201 Let me know if that helps ?

Regards

Vinita

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Attribute 'Default Printer' or PRI should be maintained.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The vendor needs to learn about your requirement, right? So you are actually telling them the stuff over the phone? What if there are disagreements down the road regarding quantity, price, quality, dates, terms, etc...nothing that you can prove any more when push comes to shove.

Anyway, can you not maintain some default output pointing to an internal, sort of trashbin printer or mailbox?

Thomas

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

There are a very few such vendors mainly one time or intracompany.

Anyway, can you not maintain some default output pointing to an internal, sort of trashbin printer or mailbox?

This is what I am looking for, if no email pick local printer as output medium.

How to do this?

Thanks,

Anubhav