cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction STERM/SAPterm available in each SAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company is about to introduce SAP PLM 7, the corresponding workshops have begun. More or less simultaneously, the technical documentation team will implement a CMS (Redaktionssystem). Both for SAP master data and technical documentation, terminology is crucial. Question: Is the transaction STERM available by default in each SAP system, for example, in our SAP PLM 7. If yes: Where can I get more information? (beside the general SAPHelp/BC-DOC-TER help). If yes: Could our company use SAPterm to maintain company-specific terminology in addition the SAP terminology? If yes: Who could/would provide consulting/support/training? (beside our company-specific SAP consultants?)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_childress
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good luck with your implementation project, Michael! And yes, customers receive the SAPterm database as part of SAP NetWeaver along with all publicly released contents of SAPterm created in the standard languages supported by SAP. Customers may configure SAPterm for their own terminology management activities and add their terms to their local versions of SAPterm.

I'll send your contact information to our product management team for more information.

Greetings from ***  Mark  ***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply and for connecting me to your product management.

As a first step, would you have 1) a general public presentation of SAPterm, and 2) a presentation (or online help, whatever) dealing with the configuration of SAPterm for customer-specific terminology activities?

Our internal IT SAP experts don't know anything about the transaction called STERM. Everybody admits that consistent terminology in SAP master data is a very important issue, but when it comes to 'real' terminology work inside SAP the knowledge is very limited. Therefore, it would be good to have s.th. to present SAPterm to our R&D team (engineering, construction) who will be the first to work with SAP PLM, and who will be the first to create master data in SAP.

Best regards,

Michael.

Answers (0)