Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI shows no messages

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed a new PI 7.4 dual stack system.When I tried to create a File to File scenario and test it. SXMB_MONI does not contain any messages. Communication channel is working. I have followed Michal blog but still the problem persists. Can any one help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks in Advance

Pallavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

As Inaki suggested, if you are using ICO, then you will not find any messages in MONI, as ICO uses only Adapter Engine to process the messages and no data is flown through Integration Engine.

If you are using Classical Scenario (RD,ID,SA,RA) then you might have not enabled logging in SXMB_ADM tcode -

Regards,

Nitin

benedikt_bludau2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SXMB_ADM --> Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods -->Retention Periods

Here you can chose, how long messages will be stored in your database.

regards,

Benedikt

PallaviU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have created ICO Objects but still I am not able to see the messages in Adapter Engine->Message Monitoring. I even dont see the file placed in the target folder. I have followed Daniels blog.Can any one suggest the solution?

Thanks in Advance

Pallavi

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pallavi,

Can you place the file again and try to view the message in your channel monitoring? Can you check if you are able to view the message there?

If yes, then it must be available in Message monitoring too. Also please ensure, this is the only channel which is accessing the folder. You can confirm it by archiving the file once picked. This will confirm, this is the channel which is picking up the file.

Regards,

Nitin

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pallavi,

Also, i am not sure, after how much time you are checking for the messages in AE. If you are checking it immediately once you run the channel then you must be able to see the messages.

Anyways, please check the values in the java properties xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default (for inbound messages) and xiadapter.outbound.persistDuration.default (for outbound messages).

Please refer to Vadim's reply from below thread for more info -

How to persist the messages on Adapter engine? | SCN

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

If you are using the ICO object in the configuration you will not use the ABAP engine and you won't see anything in the sxmb_moni, is this your case?

Regards