cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we schedule multiple test packages on same system(Computer) by same user in SAP CBTA to execute them one after another?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been using CBTA for quite a long time and have executed many scripts using CBTA scheduler option.

I did not find an option to schedule multiple test packages which should run one after the other for same user and on same test machine(Computer).

Scenario can be-->

1. I have test packages like TestPack1, TestPack2, TestPack3

2. I want to schedule them in such a way that they should start execution during night time in my absence and it should be in sequence one after another like "TestPack1-->TestPack2-->TestPack3"

3. These test packages are assigned to same user and he needs to execute them on same machine.

I know we can Sequence the test cases in test packages but can not sequence test packages.

Work Around I know -->

1. We can schedule the individual test package on different computer. So multiple test packages will be executed simultaneously.

2. If I know exact timing for execution for each Test Package then I can schedule each test package after that time interval by adding some buffer time.

But this is not a polished solution.

If anyone has already scheduled CBTA Test Packages as i need (explained above), any information shared will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sachin Sawant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

as you know, you can schedule the execution of test packages in test workbench. For CBTA related test cases you should use the eCATT foreground scheduler option and transaction STPFE on you frontend computer to execute these test packages.

So if you schedule these test packages -

- first option is to pack more then one test package in one execution batch job. In test execution work list you have the option to select more than one test package

- second option is the schedule in more than one batch jobs and the make dependency between this jobs, so that second start after first finish.

Both ways are good and will guide you to your target.

Kind regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I schedule jobs to run test scripts / configurations? You mentioned above using the t-code stpfe and the eCATT foreground scheduler option. Are they one and the same or two different processes? If you can tell me step by step how to do so or point me to a document, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos

1. Create a Test Plan and a Test Package.

2. In the Tester Worklist, select the Test Package and click on Schedule button.

3. Schedule it in Foreground mode with relevant options.

4. Goto transaction STPFE , Select the job and Activate Testing.

5. Test Package will get scheduled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your assistance. I got to this point, but not sure why I am receiving the following error message:

0 Kudos

This clearly looks like a missing RFC connection issue. I feel you should contact your Basis team to fix this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your assistance. I have the test running through the test package. I have another problem now. I have test scripts that contain TDC's, but running the script through the the test plan/package only runs the default data ECATTDEFAULT. I have the ECATTDEFAULT unchecked and the other row of data checked under variants. Does anyone know why it only runs that and not the other data contained in the TDC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

you need to include the TDC with parameters and variant in test configurations and not in test script. Please check, if you have variants in test config included and checked for execution.

Kind regards,

Christoph