Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST Adapter - Client Certificate error

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey All,

We are on PI 7.4 and have installed REST adapter SP09 (will upgrade to SP10 soon) and need to use Receiver REST Adapter with Client certificate. For this, I have imported the Private Key in PI NWA (TicketKeyStore) and the external vendor (target system) has imported the public cert for this key. I have also specified the Key in Receiver channel configuration.

When I execute my process it gives me below error:

PKIX Path building Failed. Unable to find valid certification path to requested receiver.

Has anyone used Client certificate with REST? Please advise how this can be resolved.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

there can be a lot of reasons for this error message. This is a very generic error, and now it would be hard to tell what is causing this exactly. You can use the Security troubleshooting wizard (Note: 1332726 ) to collect the traces about the SSL handshake.

But it is for sure that the REST adapter is using JDK SSL implementation. So the following note might help which contains fixes for SSL connections:

#1981011 - SAP JVM 6.1 Patch Collection 58 (build 6.1.063)

But you can also switch to IAIK SSL implementation for REST adapter communication with this note:

#2229837 - REST receiver adapter is using SSL implementation provided by JDK

Best Regards,

Viktor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

In addition to Private Key and its corresponding certs, I had to import Symantec and VeriSign certs in TrustedCA. This fixed the issue.

Thanks,