Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create logging table

devendra_am
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have configured SLT to replicate data from ERP system to HANA instance. SLT and ERP are on a separate ABAP instances.

Replication of some tables went through successfully. Now, when a new table is added for replication, it fails with error message as:

"Failed to create logging table /1CADMC/00000242 for table AFVV".

I've tried the following options to solve the issue but none of them works:

1) From cockpit, I've   executed - 'Reset all Objects and Settings for a table' from Processing Steps tab. Later, when I start replication, it runs into same issue.

2) From cockpit, went to Expert Functions and executed 'Reset Status for Triggers and Logging Tables'. Later, executed 'Create Logging Tables ' from Processing Steps. when I start replication now, it runs into same issue.

3) So, I debugged the program related to 'Create Logging Tables'  - IUUC_REPL_PS_CREATE_LOGTAB. Here, in the method CL_IUCC_CND_RFC=>CREATE_LOGGING_TABLE, function module  IUUC_CREATE_TABLE is triggered to create log table. Upon debugging this function module  DDIF_TABL_PUT is called which returns sy-subrc  = 4.

4) I've checked the posts in SCN and couldn't find answer to this issue.

I've checked logs and ST22, there are no dumps related to this activity.

Is there a way to solve this issue?. If you need more details, please let me know.

Regards,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

devendra_am
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found out what the issue here is. Basic table creation is failing in the ERP system via SE11 transaction, It's not because of authorization, It's because of DB inconsistency. We are looking at the DB trace.

I think this is nothing to do with SLT replication. Once we are able to create the DB table via SE11, I'll try replicating the tables. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Regards,

Dev

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

devendra_am
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is the complete trace while debugging. I replicated a new table, and this is where it ends up.

It's failing while trying to insert in table DD02T. There is no entry in DD02T with the logging table name. I've also checked authorization trace SU53, there is no error there.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for my case i had to perform cleanup from iuuc_remote tcode for triggers and the logging table and then configure the sLT replication.

due to told logging tables it had some issues..

Can you check one last thing for me --> in source system check if the logging table is already existing or not ?

1. se16n or se16 --> provide table --> check description of the logging table --> it should say AFVV

Let us know

Amar

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Please can you go to SM21 to check system log and fetch the trace at time of failure.

It can give you bit more details.

Regards

BJ

devendra_am
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi BJ,

I know exactly the place where it fails, I can send the screen shot of the subroutine. I've checked SM21, not much details are present.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Dev,

for me it seems to be a uthorization issue, please check the authorization for the user in RFC connecting from SLT to ECC system.

I have faec the simillar issue please check the auth and let us know back

amar

devendra_am
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I've debugged the entire trace, sy-subrc for authorization check, never fails. I'll check this nevertheless.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Just a check, can you please make sure that the logging table no is not already in use?

Also try below stuff and if possible share the results with us

1. Stop repliction for he AFVV table

2. from expert function reset everything related to the table AFVV( make sure u reset only AFVV table data)

3. in 2nd tab of ltrc tcode there are two option reset the runtime object and the option below that execute the options for the AFVV table

4. once done.... start the replication for that table with only load option --> to check if the table is able to execute atleast load...

5. once the data is loaded try to stop again the replication for the table and sstart the same again. with replication option

share you feedback....

I had faced same issue... situation was somewhat like below ;

1. we had refresh ECC system

2. didnt perform cleanup of triggeres and loggin tables from old system

3. setup the replication configuration

found the erro rmsg that you are receiving..

Thanks

Amar

devendra_am
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I've already done the above mentioned steps. From cockpit, I've executed - 'Reset all objects and Setting for a table' from Processing Steps tab. Later, I've scheduled it for loading only. Laoding was successfull. Later, I changed it to replication, It goes through the same issue.

How did you solve your issue after refreshing ECC system?. Did you follow the same steps mentioned above?

Regards,

Dev