cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS - import Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In STMS , When we select and click on Truck to import, there is a small window pop-ups. This has "Date", "Execution" and "Options" tabs. We may need to check the options given in each tab.

I need to set the check marks by default. Where this could be set. I tried, tp parameter file, settings etc. But no success.

Could anyone help me?

STMS >Import Overview(truck)->Choose queue->Select Transports>click on partial truck-> small window popsup> This has 3 tabs and need to check.

Thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

yes its is possible you can check by default first 4 option in stms_import.

In this regards, you need to set screen variants by using T-code SHD0

screen variants number is 0223

you can check option which you need thereafter assign users.

you can assign all user also..

I did it and i got it successfully...

Regards

Kshitiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

No such provisions in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gus Cristicini and Jens Hoetger for your insight on STMS... It may not be possible to set by default the options..Hope SAP include this coming release.

Marks awarded.

Thanks,

Sam

jens_hoetger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

some checkmarks and their defaults depend on the transport strategy (single / mass / workflow-controlled), take a look here

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/40/e42396853d11d3b48100609419f767/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/40/e42396853d11d3b48100609419f767/content.htm</a>

I think that's all, there are no more possibilities to set the defaults.

Regards, Jens Hoetger

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sam,

When did you select the request to import in your system, the dialague box appears to give your further options as Juanid expalined you. There are multiple options to import your requests in scheduling, immeidately, overwriting objects, leave the requests for the import again.

REgards

Anwer Waseem\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies...

I guess, I have not explained properly my question.. Yes.. I could see all the tabs and options. I could select/deselect options too. No doubt..

My question is..

For instanace I wanted to select 3rd box checked in OPTION tab. How to set this 3rd box selected by default all the time, I try to import a transport? I mean, I don't want to select the 3rd box and deslect 1st box everytime I import.

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do that. The third option is by no means a default option and the first option is.

By using import all, you may get rid of the first option, but you will still have to select option two, overwrite originals.

You could write a OS script that imports transports based on at dat file that contains the transports and using the option codes you want, but this defeats the purpose of TMS.

For example, many clients use their own backup scripts instead of BRBACKUP. This is the flexibility SAP offers. You can use their tools or you can override them.

In your case you are wanting to use a tool the 'old way' rather than the new and improved way, TMS.

Hope this all helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Usually the CTS imports are taken care by the TMS jobs (tprunning at scheduled time in background in the system.You schedule the STMS import only when you need to import or schedule manually some Transports.This depends on your requisition for import.

The "Date" tab of the window popping up when u request for transport allows you to set the import time and date either "immediate" or at some scheduled time and date"At start time" or "after an event" etc.

The "Execution" tabs allows you to schedule the import asynchronously or synchronously with the import job

The "options" tab allows you to check various options, if you want to leave the cts for reimport again(default checked) in the queue or delete the CTS after import etc.

Please check this link for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/b4a3777acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

**Reward points accordingly

Junaid