cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXIST Function ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

Return type of Exist function is true or false.In XI true is treated as 1 .My doubt is what is the actual value that is returned by exist function whether it returns TRUE or 1 ?

I have to use the return as an input to anoher function UDF to decide my mapping so how should I treat true returned by Exist function as TRUE or 1

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pria,

It returns True/Fals. But if your logic need ‘1’ you can make true to ‘1’ using constant and If Else conditions available in mapping.

Regards

Hope it helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this function to determine whether a particular source field exists in the XML instance to be processed. If it does, exists() returns the value true, otherwise it returns the value false

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/db/83f7b88528424c9113b15d5e0fb516/content.htm

In general we will use if the source side XML element is existed then assign the value to target ewlse SUppress the target ort as per business requirement..

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

Exists funciton always return as true or false only.

---Satish

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will return a string with either "true" or "false". Actually, all standard functions which return booleans are the same. And the functions which expect booleans in input also expect strings with "true" or "false".

Regards,

Henrique.