cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views on SAP TM on HANA

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using TM on Hana and are considering to build views on the hana db as source for some reports.

Our Team is new to TM and I am not sure if this approach is a good one.

What do you  think? I am happy for any advice.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

We have now installed the analytic content for hana tm. It is very helpfull. There are a lot of predefined views and you can see which tables are used.

former_member194808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mizra,

I think the choice for the right solution depends on the requirements of the business and the landscape you have. Currently we don't have Hana and use SAP BW as reporting tool for TM data. See attached link for content delivered by SAP:

However disadvantages is that data is not real-time and ETL process has to be monitored  On the other hand advantages are that data can be combined with other data in the warehouse(e.g.  maintenance data of the trucks)and that data can be analyzed from a historical perspective. In the past performance was an important reason not to report directly on transactional system(TM) but  since you use HANA this is not a valid argument anymore.

I am not sure but I believe SAP BO(business Objects) has got content to report directly on your Hana Database, but don't know exact details. Another point to consider is how you are going to present the views to your users: Custom transactions in Gui? Custom transactions in NWBC? Using  transient providers and present it in the portal?

What is the exact need of the users. If they only want operational  information there are also a lot of POWL lists you can use. Is it also an  option to enhance these standard POWL lists?

I hope this information will help to make a good decision.

Kind regards,

Benno Mateman

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both.

I have looked into the BOPF and I have found some relevant tables in the database. But as I said we are new to TM so BOPF is also new to me.

We are thinking about 2 ways to how to use the views on the database side.

One would be to go with reporting tools direkt on the database. Therefore we would need authorisation on the database side.

Or to build views and then use a hana infoprovider like compositeprovider and do the authorisation on the tm side.

The problem is that I can't find all fields that are required for the report. For example I can't find the language / text tables.

rohit3611
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The One thing HANA provides in CDS or AMDP views, which can be written on top of tables.

you can write Authorization, association , joins etc in that. I have seensome reports using it, it really works great.

Best regards,

Rohit

Clark_Huang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mirza,

The topic SAP TM on HANA is interesting and new for me.

Some ideas coming my mind when i saw the question.

I think we should go into the details requirement of the reports then we can identify the approach is good or not.

TM use BOPF to handling the data.

• One object "Transient Node" store the information during runtime. It means we can't get this kind of information from DB if the reports require.
  • BOPF build the data as tree hierarchy. The views on the hana db maybe very complex.

TM use BOPF to hand the authorization

The authorization check would missing if using the views in DB directly.

But if the report just want to show/simulate the data in DB, i think building views on the hana db is fine.

Best Regards

Clark Huang