cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Material, Item Category Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I create main item using MM01, Gen item cat. grop in basic data 1 in ERLA and Item cat. group in Sales org. 2 is LUMF

and similarily i created other items useing MM01 (for making sub item of main item) Gen Item Cat grop in basic data 1 is NORM and Item cat group in Sales Org. is also NORM.

When i create sales order (OR) and enter main item only, when i press enter (green button at right top), BOM automatically explode and Item Category of main item change to TAP main item become in display mode BUT ITEM CATEGORY of sub items do not change (it remains the same as TAN), i should also change to TAE

and also when i save this document it shows error at bottam that prising PR00 is missing. When i edit and give price of each sub item, i can save document and all prices which i am giving just now is automatically added in net value at header lavel.

Please any one can advice me where i am doing wrong

Rajesh

Email: rksingh177@hotmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the item category assignment

OR-NORM-TAP(Highher level item category)-TAE

Reward if this helps

Regards

Simu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Simu,

it was OR-NORM-TAP-TAN. Now i changed this combination

to OR-NORM-TAP-TAE and my problem is solved.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simu

My problem is solved but In SAP certificatin books answer is that when we explode BOM Item Cat. of main item chagne to TAQ and for sub-item TAE, but in my case Item cat changed to TAP and for sub-item TAE. Where again i am doing mistake.

Rajesh

Email: rksingh177@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what the book says is true. Since you have the item category determinations maintained that way in VOV4, the system is determining the same.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, my problem is solved